Are you the next E.L. James or Marian Keyes?
Here’s some great news for those of you who didn’t have a chance to submit to HarperCollins’ new e-book anthology about love in the digital age—submissions have re-opened!
We all love a hot romance… and what could be more relevant to the way we live now than a love story involving text messages, online dating, emails or tweets?
Our target audience is digitally savvy women aged 25–40 who enjoy a cleverly written romp. They like reading on their iPads or Kindles, and might be currently signed up to RSVP or e-harmony, or engaged in a little email flirtation at work.
Writers whose stories are selected will receive a part share of the royalties of 25% of publisher’s net receipts (the part share is dependent on the number of successful submissions included in the Work) and a HarperCollins book pack to the value of $50.
Submissions are now open and will close at 5pm on 25 May 2012 Writers should send their completed manuscript to email@example.com.
• Submissions should be between 800–3000 words long. Please submit a double-spaced Word document (using Times New Roman font) as an attachment. The subject heading should be the title of your work. Include your name, postal address and email address in the body of the email.
• We are particularly looking for strength of ‘voice’ and creativity in the submissions.
• HarperCollins is unable to give personalized feedback as to why a submission isn’t selected for this anthology.
• Eligibility for the anthology is at HarperCollins’ discretion.
Terms and Conditions
By submitting your Work, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
• You are the owner of copyright and the material has not previously been licenced to any other party.
• We will only accept stories up to 3,000 words (use word count) and will consider any Work over 800 words in length.
• You hereby grant us the exclusive worldwide right to use your submission in the Work for five years, including in relation to all marketing, advertising and promotion of the Work. You agree to that we may edit and do any act that would otherwise be a breach of your moral rights in the work as defined under the Copyright Act. We reserve the right to alter, delete or amend your work at our sole discretion. We will identify you as the author of your submission in the Work in accordance with our normal practice.
• The royalty is a part share of 25% of publisher’s net receipts (the part share is dependant on the number of successful submissions included in the Work).
• Submissions should be made via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The subject of the email must say ‘Submission’ followed by your name.
• You should send your Work as an attachment in Microsoft Word format.
• Include in body of email:
~ Your real full name
~ Author name (only if you want to use a pseudonym)
~ Email address
~ Postal address
~ Phone number
~ Manuscript title
• Submissions should be double spaced; 12 point font preferred, Times New Roman (if your Work requires multiple or specific fonts please make this clear).
• Your Work should be completely ready to print, properly formatted with no typos, grammar or syntax issues. We suggest having someone proofread your work prior to submitting.
• You will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of the submission.
• Please note that we receive a very large number of submissions and failure to adhere to these submission guidelines will limit the chances of your submission being viewed.